Re: Fwd: [otb] 01/01: Update debian/copyright

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:39:18PM +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 17/12/2014 22:27, Johan Van de Wauw ha scritto:
>
> > But more importantly I came across an enormous number of libraries
> > which are already in debian. Sometimes even twice (eg zlib). It
> > would be very good if upstream provided more build options to use
> > more shared system libraries.
>
> thanks a lot for this.

+1

> Perhaps better to open a series of tickets
> upstream? Certainly streamlining would be an advantage for OTB.

While I agree that this might have probably the best chances to get the
issue solved by upstream I wonder what you think about who should do
this work?  Usually those people who have a vital interest to get a
software into Debian have the best motivation.  As far as I understood
Johan he just intended to do these users a favour.  So it would be
great if some interested users would start filing this kind of tickets
instead of waiting until some kind Debian developer might find some
free chunk of time.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--