Re: OTB packaging

> On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 04:34:04PM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>
>> GDAL is already built using --with-openjpeg=yes, but the libopenjpeg
>> package in Debian is for openjpeg-1.5 whereas GDAL requires
>> openjpeg-2.0:
>>
>> checking openjpeg-2.0/openjpeg.h usability... no
>> checking openjpeg-2.0/openjpeg.h presence... no
>> checking for openjpeg-2.0/openjpeg.h... no
>>
>> Before we can have openjpeg support in GDAL the libopenjpeg package
>> needs
>> to be updated to 2.0.0.
>
> apt-cache show libopenjp2-7-dev
>
> Perhaps simply changing Build-Depends of GDAL to this package would solve
> the issue?

The openjpeg2 package doesn't look very stable yet with versions in its
-dev package.

It also contains version 2.1, which GDAL as-is cannot use either.

We'll need to patch configure to detect and 2.1 at least.

I haven't looked into the recently released GDAL 1.11.1 changes yet, it
may support it but I doubt it.