Re: OTB packaging

Hi Paolo,

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 06:57:00PM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> to Andreas' patience, I have finally uploaded the upgraded
> package. I tested it, and it works.

:-)

I pulled your changes and recommited a slightly adapted patch about the
spelling.  Remark:  I usually do not care that much about spelling but
it was bloating the lintian output drastically enough to become a
nuisance (and is not finished yet).  Please forward the current patch
to upstream to let us get rid of this.  Thanks.

Its great that you said it works and I'd be tolerant about several
lintian issues but we definitely need to care about these two errors
before we can upload:

E: libotb: embedded-library usr/lib/otb/libotbopenjpeg.so.1111.1.0: openjpeg
E: libotb: embedded-library usr/lib/otb/libotbtinyXML.so.4.2.1: tinyxml

The best thing would be to link against Debian packaged libopenjpeg and
libtinyxml.  If this is not possible since these might be changed
library versions than we need at least override this and document the
problem.  Could you please clarify with upstream whether it is possible
to link against the Debian packaged library?

You get a full list of issues by doing

  lintian -i -I otb_4.2.1-1_amd64.changes

Kind regards

        Andreas.