Re: OTB packaging

>>  OpenJPEG in the utilities/otbopenjpeg is no longer maintained. Instead
>> openjpeg via gdal is used.
>> internal version of otbopenjpeg is kept for people who need JPEG200
>> support
>> and dont want to build gdal or have a gdal without openjpeg support.
>>
>> So you have two options.
>>
>> 1. build GDAL with openjpeg (I would prefer this). This makes no change
>> in
>> OTB build
>> 2. disable openjpeg OTB_USE_JPEG2000=OFF
>
> Could anybody raise some opinion about building GDAL with openjpeg
> support?  I perfectly share Rashad's preference but I simply know
> to less to see all consequences.

GDAL is already built using --with-openjpeg=yes, but the libopenjpeg
package in Debian is for openjpeg-1.5 whereas GDAL requires openjpeg-2.0:

checking openjpeg-2.0/openjpeg.h usability... no
checking openjpeg-2.0/openjpeg.h presence... no
checking for openjpeg-2.0/openjpeg.h... no

Before we can have openjpeg support in GDAL the libopenjpeg package needs
to be updated to 2.0.0.