Re: Upload of hdf4 to unstable?

Aurelien,

I actually wanted to put a version on debian mentors for experimental
this week, but my SSD broke so I had other priorities.
I prefer to upload to experimental first because I'm not sure that
IA-64 is still working. The upstream changelog says this architecture
is no longer supported. If I put a version in unstable now and it does
not build on IA-64 it would block a lot of packages.
If all architectures build fine I'm ok with bringing it to unstable asap.

[ On the longer term I would like to do some packaging changes: build
only one library package with netcdf disabled (like fedora does it).
Packages needing netcdf can still link that library seperately. But I
think we are too far in the release cycle to do that for jessie]

Johan