Re: Upload of hdf4 to unstable?

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 04:14:33PM +0200, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> Aurelien,
>
> I actually wanted to put a version on debian mentors for experimental
> this week, but my SSD broke so I had other priorities.

Oh bad luck :-(

> I prefer to upload to experimental first because I'm not sure that
> IA-64 is still working. The upstream changelog says this architecture
> is no longer supported. If I put a version in unstable now and it does
> not build on IA-64 it would block a lot of packages.

IA-64 has also been removed from Debian testing/unstable, so it won't be
a problem for sure. If you want me to sponsor the upload, just send me
an email.

> If all architectures build fine I'm ok with bringing it to unstable asap.

Ok, great.

> [ On the longer term I would like to do some packaging changes: build
> only one library package with netcdf disabled (like fedora does it).
> Packages needing netcdf can still link that library seperately. But I
> think we are too far in the release cycle to do that for jessie]

Indeed, it's too late for Jessie, but that it can be done in
experimental while Jessie is getting released, so that it is ready once
Jessie is released.

Aurelien