Re: osmpbf package

Hello,

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:20:40 +0100
Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> > Sebastian, are you not using Debian source format version 3.0? If
> > you are, it should make no difference if upstream has debian/
> > directory or not, as dpkg-source overwrites it with your debian/
> > directory automagically upon unpack.

> All our packages are using source format 3.0 (quilt), for those that
> don't it's a bug to needs to be fixed. :-)

> Not having to patch out upstream changes to the debian directory
> indeed helps ease the burden of working with upstream packaging.

Since I've switched to 3.0 (quilt) I never needed to patch anything
out, it's just done automagically ;)

For Jochen, a good solution could be having a separate debian branch
where he could have his private Debian packaging if he'd like to.
However, I think the better idea is to contribute to Debian directly :)

--
Cheers,
  Andrew