Re: Upgrading pg-comparator

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Ivan,

I would love if we could do the discussion in the open on debian-grass
list.  It is very probable that other people might silently learn from
it and you need always to be aware that I might ignore netiquette and
start quoting you in public - just be warned. ;-)

I am sorry, I was replying in hurry. I also prefer public list.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 12:12:18PM +0100, Ivan Mincik wrote:
> First I would like to update it to new upstream version.

Fine.

> Also I have one question. This package is intended to use for syncing data
> between postresql databases.  It can install even if postgresql is not
> installed, but in this case, you can't do much with it. The same case is for
> example postgis package.
> Should I add postgresql to Depends or Recommends ?

For me this sounds like Recommends.  Since Recommends will be installed
by default if you don't do anything while exactly knowing what you
are doing it usually will be installed.  Puristic people should have
a chance to install it even without postgresql (may be they have
their own manually installed postgresql server and thus it sounds
reasonable not to push for a hard Depends.

Thanks, I am also for Recommends.

Hope this helps (and feel free to quote me in public)

   Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de

--