Re: mapnik review

On 13/08/2013 17:53, YunQiang Su wrote:

>>> right, now you have to commit the work you made on mapnik 2.2.
>>> Use git style, several atomic commits are better than a big one.
>>> I'll take care of the changelog, based on the commits shortlog.
>>>
>>> Jérémy.
>>
>> I don't understand (hence the slightly rude tone of this email) the
>> urge to put your name somewhere and the lack of urge when it comes
>> to pushing actual work on the package.
> I did the work and I should be there.
> Wish I didn't misunderstand you that you are tring best to kick me out
> from this package, while this is what I cannot understand.
>> Not that this work is so precious, most changes being trivial,
>> but since you wanted to help i tried to make some room for you.
> First, I adopt this package first, please note this.
> Cooperation is harm welcome in "DebianGis" team.
> It seems that you are trying be dictator in this package, I have no idea why
> you plan to do it like this.
>
> When cooperate on a package, we have major maintainers, which is list in
> "Uploaders" section in d/control.
> Other people will not upload this package before communicate with these people.
>
> What are you warrying about?
> Do you have some techical disagreement with me on this package?
> If so why not point it out?

Absolutely not. I told you your changes were okay, and i was expecting
you to push them to the pkg-grass repository of mapnik. The only change
you pushed was adding your name...
Did you forgot to push the remaining commits ?

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-grass/mapnik.git;a=shortlog

> There is many works to be done for Debian, I also work on many other packages.
> If you'd be the only maintainer of mapnik, please tell me why?
>> Maybe you're very busy right now - and i can understand that,
>> in that case please inform me (approximately) about when you will
>> be able to do something on mapnik package.
> Is it me?
> I have been waiting for you to review this package for weeks.

This is only misunderstanding, and i'm sorry for that.

Jérémy.