Re: OpenStreetMap tile rendering stack in debian-gis

I would support them being merged. I don't see much point in their seperation because a lot of the time the line between the two becomes blured.

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 06:52:38PM -0600, Kai Krueger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> should I forward this mail to the pkg-osm-maint list then? It does seem
> like the more appropriate list, even though that list does seem to have
> a bit of a spam issue..

if you ask me it is a bad idea to split GIS and OSM into different list.
We all know that both are low volume and there are only a few readers
(several of them admitted they are overworked).  When I started with
Debian Med I assembled bioinformatics and medical care in one project to
reach some critical mass of people and from a strategical point of view
this was a *very* successful decision.  I wonder whether the lesson I
have learned in Debian Med could be ported to Debian GIS and people
might join under one hood.

Regarding the subject of this mail:  I wonder whether you are aware of
my Sponsering of Blends effort:

   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB

I'd volunteer sponsering if the conditions mentioned there are fullfilled.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

PS: Hamish, you did not yet respondet on
      http://bugs.debian.org/538067#159
    Are you continuously working on ITP: opencpn

http://fam-tille.de