Re: GDAL 1.8 and QGIS

Dear Andrew,

Alright, that makes perfect sense. This means I can have as many versions of libgdal1 as needed, e.g. by other software (QGIS, PostGIS, etc., including gdal-bin).

I'll thus proceed with the installation of QGIS from source, built on libgdal1-1.8.0. I'll let you know if I succeed or not!

Thanks a lot for your answers!
Mathieu.