Re: [DebianGIS] postgis make template_gis

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 09:25:24AM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> This comes from the times when Alex Bodnaru was the packager, see:
> http://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/branches/1.1/extras/debian/README.Debian
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-grass-devel/2007-May/002195.html
> This function was present, but removed, I cannot recall why.
> Thanks.
>
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:16:27 +0200, "Francesco P. Lovergine"
> <frankie@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 08:45:35AM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> > I'm not sure about that. Do you have any pointers about that? I remember
> > no threads about a templating script for postgis.

It was broken at the time apparently. Indeed, it would be better
providing a simple script to fire up a new database at will. Nothing
different from the simple steps documented in README.Debian in a
parameterized shell script, anyway.
At least this kind of helpers is something I commonly introduced
elsewhere to simplify administration.