Re: [DebianGIS] [Ubuntu] Re: Thuban is crap get it out of the repo or fix it

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 08:17 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Alan Boudreault ha scritto:
> > That package should be fixed in debianGIS to be in the next ubuntu
> > release. But it would be nice if someone would make the fix for
> > debianGIS and modify it for the ubuntuGIS PPA.
>
> I do not have evidence of *anyone* using thuban nowadays: is it really
> worth the while to keep on maintaining it? I suggest concentrating
> efforts on more important sowftare (eg qgis, which is still out of main).
> All the best.

Here is an evidence ;-) I am using Thuban and I try to maintain the
trunk to support the evolution of dependencies. I do not know how heavy
is the maintenance of the Thuban debian package but I would be happy to
help if needed.

Didrik