Re: [DebianGIS] Two weeks to get QGIS into the next Ubuntu 9.04 release

Ruben Molina ha scritto:
> El sáb, 07-02-2009 a las 10:26 +1100, Cameron Shorter escribió:
>> Sounds like bringing qgis into debian is harder than I originally
>> thought, but I haven't given up yet....
> :)
>
>> Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
>>> DebianGis package is stalled at 0.11.0 since last september with
>>> changes from me and Ruben. Uploading that version is pointless,
>
> I have v1.0.0 locally installed after trivial changes to the debian/ dir
> in the d-gis repo... but as I said to Frankie, I use Qgis in a very
> basic way... I haven't tried things like the python stuff or the
> grass-plugin... I asked for testing on debian-qgis but just Frankie
> proposed (ad commited) changes... no other comments were received...

I use qgis rather extensively, self packaging it from Jurgen debian
files, so I think that's a reasonable test of the real package.
I found no problems (apart from known bugs, all reported on the trac),
so I would suggest to go ahead with packaging.
This is a much needed package, and the current solution, based on the
debian.gfoss.it repo, is clearly suboptimal.
All the best.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *