[DebianGIS] Packaging new applications for FOSS4G2009

Hi,

I'm investigating packaging parts of the GeoFOSS stack in preparation
for FOSS4G2009 (and maybe 2008 if we have time). (I've been working with
Cameron Shorter on this).

In particular, I'm wanting to see if we can incorporate some of the
GeoFOSS Java packages like GeoServer and GeoNetwork into Debian.

What has already been done in this area? We'd prefer to build upon
existing efforts rather than start from scratch.

Cheers,
   Volker

--
Volker Mische
Software Engineer

Commercial Support for Open Source GIS Software
http://lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts/