Re: [DebianGIS] Hi all!

All'incirca Sun, 16 Mar 2008 22:51:04 +0100,  Petter Reinholdtsen
<pere@hungry.com> sembrerebbe aver scritto:

> Welcome.  I'm the one loosing his patience and uploading josm into
> unstable.  We should add a RC bug when it passes NEW to make sure it
> stay out of Lenny until the OSM API stabilizes, to avoid maintenance
> problems with the stable release.

Right. We should also package josm-plugins, because also JOSM internal
structure isn't stable, and current plugins don't work with a JOSM
version of some months ago. I've sketched a starting point for the
package. Andreas Putzo offered me to upload it in the SVN repository,
as I don't have write privileges, but in the meantime you can find it
at:

http://giomasce.altervista.org/pub/josm-plugins_0.0.0.20080316-2.dsc

> I've tested josm with both jamvm, gij and sun java, and the first two
> have issues with the menus and the drawing of GPX files.  This make me
> confident there is work for you still, even if I already did the
> initial upload. :)

This is something I couldn't manage to do: with official JRE from Sun I
have no problems, but I'm unable to make JOSM work with other Java VM.
I've tried jamvm and gij from 4.1 to 4.3, but I obtain always an empty
gray window. I'm using an up-to-date sid.

Things change a bit if I move to a clean chroot (sid again): here
gij-4.3 shows the window with correct widgets into it, but doesn't react
to input (knows issue, bug #445930). jamvm and gij-4.1 are also
responsive to clicks, but the download process and the "Open file"
dialog are broken: this first continues also after all data has been
downloaded, casting lots of IOExpection, and the former doesn't show
files and doesn't allow to open them.

> Perhaps you want to help me with gosmore too?

Isn't it a bit old? http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Gosmore
says that it isn't 0.5 API compatible.

Regards,
Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <g.mascellani@gmail.com>
Pisa, Italy

Web: http://giomasce.altervista.org
SIP: g.mascellani@ekiga.net
Jabber: g.mascellani@jabber.org / giovanni@elabor.homelinux.org
GPG: 0x5F1FBF70 (FP: 1EB6 3D43 E201 4DDF 67BD  003F FCB0 BB5C 5F1F BF70)