Re: [DebianGIS] wiki

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 09:18:55PM -0800, Hamish wrote:
> > [Paolo Cavallini]
> > > I have updated the wiki:
> > > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGis/PackageList
>
> Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > Most openstreetmap.org packages like josm and gosmore are missing.
> > Not quite sure where to add those, so I did not modify it.
>

> I just added a place for them. (somewhat arbitrarily, feel free to
> improve)
>
> Note the processing software != the data, so CC license problems
> probably don't apply to josm and gosmore. (although I didn't check to
> see what license they are using, I'm just assuming the CC lic is
> specific to the data). The upcoming version of gpsdrive makes use of
> mapnik and the OSM data.

I believe that unless otherwise stated, OSM software is under the GPL
(See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OpenStreetMap_License).
There are a couple exceptions (Potlatch, for example, is public domain)
but I doubt Gosmore or JOSM are in that category.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta