Re: [DebianGIS] update to grass 6.2.2 ands qgis8.01, please the simple way !

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 11:49:09AM +0200, "Georg Lösel (privat)" wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on etch with grass 6.2.1 and qgis 0.8.0
>
> I have to update to 6.2.2 and 0.8.1.
>
> how can I do this quick and with less stress? The best way would be via
> apt-get. Is this possible?

In lenny you could simply use the sid packages. Current versions are
blocked by some buildd issues on specific archs (mainly sparc currently)
not by RC bugs. Backports will also be available as soon as those
packages will enter lenny.

> any hints are welcome.
>
> I didn't read all mails and the whole wiki, so a simple hint for a link
> or similiar would make me happy.

Add sid to your apt sources and install only qgis=0.8.1-2 and grass=6.2.2-2
and any other qgis/grass related packages you need. Then remove sid
repo. You could also use dpkg --install after dgetting required .debs