Re: [DebianGIS] [Fwd: [Gfoss] ka-map 1.0]

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 05:09:25PM +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> An interesting app to package.
> pc

I'm personally not too inclined to webapps packaging (and those
currently present in the main archive enforces generally my opinion).
The reason is that managing their security updates and doing proper updates to
new upstream versions are generally both nightmares for packagers.
We lack a framework and tools to help those managements, simply and clean.
In many cases one should also ensure multi-site installation which could be
also quite difficult... I don't think ka-map would be an exception on
those regards.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine