[DebianGIS] Re: Broken packages

On Feb 28, 2006, at 6:13 PM, alex bodnaru wrote:

hi blair,

thanks for your prompt considerations.

Hi Alex,

You're welcome.

I'm still working on getting it to work with 1.1.1.  The configure.in
and configure patches break against it, which I've got fixed, but
there's some other stuff going on.

i know they changed upstream, and i'll take a look myself. your
configure* patch will be wellcome.

One other thing. I don't think it's a good idea to automatically create the upstream-1.1.x.diff from the .orig tarball and the current directory. Much cleaner is to take the patch and make a static diff file that applies cleanly. This way the file is not automatically updated when you do a new build.

The way it is now effectively makes the real representation the files in the current directory, not the files in debian/patches/. I think it'll be much cleaner just to have a static diff that'll apply cleanly if you update to a new postgis version, which I did. This way, I need to take the upstream-1.1.0-diff, apply it to 1.1.1, see what breaks, and create a new diff.

Regards,
Blair