Re: [DebianGIS] ECW SDK Licencing feedback

Sorry to reclaiming this quite old issue, but I would add some comments
about...

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 12:06:55PM -0400, Steve Halasz wrote:
> [...]

The main problem is that the ECW PUBLIC LIC adds some constraints which
render the whole product (mapserver+libecw for instance) not
distributable at all, unless the GPL code would add an exception
(something very similar to the SSL exception used in a few products out
there). This is a pre-requisite for non-free distribution AFAIK.

See for instance:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-floss-license-exception.html