Re: [DebianGIS] mapserver packaging & stuff

On 2/7/06, Paul Wise <pabs3@bonedaddy.net> wrote:
> Secondly, for it to migrate to testing, the gdal mipsel FTBFS bug
> (#351372) needs fixing (I've forwarded it upstream), and for someone
> with access to a mipsel for testing/etc it should be easy to fix.

Paul,

Cees has fixed this very promptly!

> About mapserver packaging, there are some parts of the upstream source
> that are not put in any debian packages. Does anyone think we should add
> these? It would mean another trip through NEW though.
>
> mapscript bindings: C#, Java, Ruby, TCL
> mapscript docs (source format is restructured text - python-docutils)

I don't think these bindings are that pressing if you have Python
and PHP already (perhaps perl too?)

> Also, the mapserver source includes a bunch of tests for the different
> mapscript bindings, and something for mapserver itself. We should be
> running these during the build process to catch any portability bugs.
> I'll try to integrate these too.

Some of the tests (well msautotest at least, maybe not sean's
python unit tests) are pretty fragile, so you likely don't want them
in the build process.  But they should be at least used to validate
the produced package on handy platforms.

> What do people think our strategy wrt 4.6.2 / 4.8.1 should be? Put 4.8.1
> into experimental (possibly going thru NEW for new bindings/packages),
> then upload to sid once 4.6.2 is in etch? Or just put 4.8.1 straight in
> sid?

4.8.1 straight to sid!

Well, I don't really know the implications of this.  I'm just
always for the latest and greatest and forget the rest.

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com