Re: [DebianGIS] Re: qgis uninstallable

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 13:51 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Paolo Cavallini]
> > Any news about qgis? Seems still uninstallabel on testing, due to
> > bug #339254.
>
> Are you sure?  As far as I know, the uninstallable problem is bug
> #345148, fixed with my NMU.  It is installable in unstable.
>
> I did not address #339254 in my NMU, because I got the impression that
> the qgis maintainer did not consider it a bug because the library is
> an "internal" library to qgis.
>
> Of course the new qgis package will not make it into testing before
> bug #339254 is closed or have its severity lowered, but I believe the
> maintainer and the release managers are the right people to address
> that issue.

I asked the release team to BinNMU qgis for bug #339254. After
discussion with Steve Langasek I decided that qgis needs to split
libqgis0 out into a separate package to conform to policy. I've done
this and sent the package to my sponsor some days ago. It will have to
go through the NEW queue, so it will be some time before it's in testing
again. I don't think you'll have a problem installing qgis from unstable
using apt pinning right now though.

Steve