Re: [DebianGIS] building gdal-1.3.1 packages

Jon,

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 09:19 -0700, Jon Saints wrote:
> Thank you Frank.  That was of great help.
>
> I also found this note in the pkg info for
> postgresql-dev:
>
> "The former postgresql-dev package has been split up
> into libpq-dev for client-side development and
> postgresql-server-dev-<version> packages for
> server-side development. However, this package does
> not
> depend on postgresql-server-dev-<version>."

This is not a pg server type package. postgis is an example of a package
that is a pg server extension.

> So, given that and Frank's information that versions
> where handled at run time I change the control file
> line:
>
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 4.1.25), zlib1g-dev,
> libcfitsio-dev, netcdfg-dev, libtiff4-dev,
> libjasper-1.701-dev, libpng12-dev, libjpeg62-dev,
> libungif4-dev, libhdf4g-dev, postgresql-dev,
> postgresql-client, libxerces26-dev, unixodbc-dev,
> libsqlite0-dev, python-dev, python-numeric, doxygen,
> d-shlibs, libgeos-dev
>
> to:
>
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 4.1.25), zlib1g-dev,
> libcfitsio-dev, netcdfg-dev, libtiff4-dev,
> libjasper-1.701-dev, libpng12-dev, libjpeg62-dev,
> libungif4-dev, libhdf4g-dev, libpq-dev,
> postgresql-server-dev-7.4 | postgresql-server-dev-8.0,
> postgresql-client-7.4 | postgresql-client-8.0,
> libxerces26-dev, unixodbc-dev, libsqlite0-dev,
> python-dev, python-numeric, doxygen, d-shlibs,
> libgeos-dev

I think libpq-dev | postgresql-dev is all that is required. Even
postgresql-client should probably be dropped. postgresql-dev is there to
ease backporting. See:

Steve