Re: [DebianGIS] building gdal-1.3.1 packages

Thank you Frank.  That was of great help.

I also found this note in the pkg info for
postgresql-dev:

"The former postgresql-dev package has been split up
into libpq-dev for client-side development and
postgresql-server-dev-<version> packages for
server-side development. However, this package does
not
depend on postgresql-server-dev-<version>."

So, given that and Frank's information that versions
where handled at run time I change the control file
line:

Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 4.1.25), zlib1g-dev,
libcfitsio-dev, netcdfg-dev, libtiff4-dev,
libjasper-1.701-dev, libpng12-dev, libjpeg62-dev,
libungif4-dev, libhdf4g-dev, postgresql-dev,
postgresql-client, libxerces26-dev, unixodbc-dev,
libsqlite0-dev, python-dev, python-numeric, doxygen,
d-shlibs, libgeos-dev

to:

Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 4.1.25), zlib1g-dev,
libcfitsio-dev, netcdfg-dev, libtiff4-dev,
libjasper-1.701-dev, libpng12-dev, libjpeg62-dev,
libungif4-dev, libhdf4g-dev, libpq-dev,
postgresql-server-dev-7.4 | postgresql-server-dev-8.0,
postgresql-client-7.4 | postgresql-client-8.0,
libxerces26-dev, unixodbc-dev, libsqlite0-dev,
python-dev, python-numeric, doxygen, d-shlibs,
libgeos-dev

With this change I was able to build and install,
remove gdal-1.3.1 packages.

Does this look good to everyone?

Thanks
Jon