[DebianGIS] Re: Terralib package

[Marco Tulio Gontijo e Silva]
> Now, how must I procede? I would like this package to be also in the
> official debian, so I need a sponsor. I've added[4] it to the
> http://sponsors.debian.net/ project.

I can sponsor it.  I hang out as 'pere' on #geo on irc.oftc.net, if
you want to do some real time coordination.

Did you find the Debian GIS wiki,
<URL:http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl>?

You might consider adding pkg-grass-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org as
an uploader or the maintainer of the package, to make sure it show up
on
<URL:http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-grass-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>.

Is the package affected by the current C++ transition?  Is it safe to
upload it now, or should it wait?  A quick look indicate that it
should be safe, but I want to be sure.

The download address in debian/copyright is incomplete.
'cvs.dpi.inpe.br' indicate the cvs protocol, but I suspect it would be
clearer if this was spelled out.  Is there no upstream tarball for
this project?  I tried to visit the terralib.org web site to look for
tarballs, and was met with
<URL:http://www.terralib.org/php/dow.php?body=Dow#> asking me to
register to be able to download.  What an amazingly stupid idea.  I
decided to skip the downloading.

As this is a c++ library, perhaps this should be mentioned in the
short description?  "A GIS classes and functions library" didn't tell
much.  Perhaps something like "A C++ library for Geographical
Infomation Systems" or something like that would be better?  At least
I find "classes and functions library" to be very unclear.

The build rules look good, and the content of debian/ look sane in
general.  I'm happy to sponsor it once the few remaining questions are
resolved.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen