Re: e00compr (was Re: [Pkg-grass-general] updates)

Markus Neteler wrote:

Hi Daniel, the problem below is holding the completion of the avc tools
in Debian. Hopefully this problem can be solved (if your time is lacking,
maybe you would accept a contributed ./configure[.in] script?).

As Frank wrote in his earlier reply, the command-line utilities (avcimport, avcexport and e00conv) are really the most interesting components to distribute. Is there really a use for distributing the library itself (.so and .h)? Does GRASS not bundle its own copy of the library like everybody else does?

Of course if someone wants to contribute a Makefile.in and configure.in then I'd be happy to include them in future releases. Or if you could tell me the minimum requirements for Debian distributions (config scripts, shared lib, man pages, etc?) then I can have a look, but as Markus noticed, I can sometimes be slow to get to that kind of stuff.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               dmorissette@dmsolutions.ca