Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Re: Uploaded postgis 1.0.0RELEASE-1 (source all i386) to debian-gis

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 11:38:37AM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> > It's ok now, if alioth will like to allow that. I had bad experiences
> > in changing settings like that in other lists. BTW, we will experience
> > a good deal of spams starting from now...
>
> no thanks. time and effort is all too finite and best spent dealing with
> real things.
>
> If the bug system will send mail to the list, it must be allowed to
> post to it. If the only way is to have it subscribed: To prevent us
> spamming the bug tracker either a) it must be set up to ignore mail from
> "@lists.alioth.debian.org"; b) list mail to the bug tracker must be
> surpressed somehow; or c) forwarded bug reports get sent to a proxy
> address which forwards them to the mailing list, but mail from anything
> other than the bugtracker is filtered into /dev/null.

Here, how we do it for the GRASS bugtracker (RT):

- RT accepts any mail, spam filter is applied locally (spamassassin,
  if I recall correctly);
- RT forwards new bug report to 'grass5' developers list where
  such messages are spamfiltered again (bogofilter). The 'grass5' list
  is only open to subscribers. RT is a granted email address without
  subscription (Mailman permits that);
- additionally a set of hand-written procmail rules filter further
  rubbish.

Works well.

Markus