Re: [Pkg-grass-general] GRASS now building on all arches

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 08:09:52AM -0500, Steve Halasz wrote:
> They must have known it was my birthday on the 31st and removed grass
> from packages-arch-specific. So now grass is building on all
> architectures. Hooray!

Congratulation to both - your birthday and for the building of grass
for all architectures!!

> Silke, I believe this removes the last obstacle for uploading
> libgdal1-grass.

This is now true since I am not debian-developer and thus need a
sponsor for uploading the package for me. Any volunteers :-)

> Unfortunately, I've had to make libgrass depend on
> grass. According to Radim Blazek the libraries make use of other files
> in the grass installation.

Is there a way to prevent this? I think that libraries and the grass
binaries should really seperated from each other or at least the
binaries should depend on the libriaries but not vice versa.  So if
possible I would put those file of grass-bin that are necessary for
the libraries into libgrass. Is this possible?

> Is there some way to prevent grass from being
> pulled in when libgrass is satisfying a build-dep?

No, I don't think so.

> Hopefully this won't
> be too much of a problem for you.

It will be not really a problem. Of course it is some overkill to
install the whole grass package just to build a library. But it is
OK with me.

	Silke

--
Intevation GmbH

Georgstrasse 4                    49074 Osnabrück, Germany
http://intevation.de              http://intevation.de/~silke
FreeGIS.org                       http://freegis.org/