[Pkg-grass-general] Re: postgis on debian

[Wolfgang Baer]
> But some comments:
>
> - the java bindings have to be splitted out in an own source package
>    Otherwise postgis has to be moved to contrib (libpgjava dependency)

Another alternative is to work with the debian-java people and get
libpgjava moved into main.  I believe that is a better alternative.

I'm told that libpgjava is buildable and runnable with free java, but
need some extra work to get SSL support.  Only need some skilled
peoples time to make it happen. :)