Re: [Pkg-grass-general] postgis on debian

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
Thanks for this. However:
what is the difference with the package present on alioth?ù
Isn't it a duplication of efforts?
pc

Hi all,

thats why I informed Alex about the debian gis project.

As I last week or so read on the postgis devel archives that there is
work underway to package the 1.0 release as a debian package I contacted
him. I am in the hope that it may join forces.

I already told him that there is already an official debian postgis
package (currently in NEW queue). He wanted to contact also Roberto
Boati - the current maintainer.

I think it's maybe worth having a look how to merge the both packages
towards a _perfect_ 1.0 package for debian.

But that are topics to discuss here. Also Roberto has to say what he
thinks about this all.

Regards,

Wolfgang