Re: [Pkg-grass-general] gdal/grass -- need your comments

> This week I built a new gdal package and tried to create a
> gdalgrass-package. You can find both on our ftp-server ([1] and [2])

nice

> I am not informed about the current way how grass is
>   build [3] but I would prefer to have a libgrass and a libgrass-dev
>   package if possible. Thus it only needs a few files for building
>   gdalgrass and not the full grass modules but only the libraries to
>   connect to a grass database.

does 5.7's "make libs" create what you need?

> [3] I tried to look at [4] but there seems to be some error while
>     connecting to the database.
> [4] https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-grass/

works for me.

====
(maybe this is more for Steve..)
cross-posted from the grass5 mailing list, re this change in GRASS CVS:

http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-commit/2004-November/015869.html

-		--with-gdal=/usr/bin/gdal-config \
+		--with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config \

$ dpkg -L libgdal1-dev | grep gdal-config
/usr/bin/gdal-config
/usr/share/man/man1/gdal-config.1.gz

??? shouldn't it just be --with-gdal? Isn't that redundant now that GDAL
is not optional, omit altogether?

+		--without-odbc

The unixodbc-dev package is in the control file's "Build-Depends" list,
why not use it?

Hamish