Re: [Pkg-grass-general] gdal/grass -- need your comments

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 14:02, Silke Reimer wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> This week I built a new gdal package and tried to create a
> gdalgrass-package. You can find both on our ftp-server ([1] and [2])

Hooray!

> I have to do some final tests for the gdal package before I can give
> it to my mentor but it would be great if somebody could check
> whether the libgdal1grass package works correctly. You will also
> need the grass-bin package (also located in [2]) to do this. So if
> you install grass-bin, libgdal1grass, libgdal1 you should be able to
> connect to a grass database. It would be nice if some of the qgis
> people could try this.

I will try this out.

8<---------SNIP---------
> - I based my grass package on the last release from the grass
>   homepage (together with some fixes to remove the dependencies from
>   grass5.3). I am not informed about the current way how grass is
>   build [3] but I would prefer to have a libgrass and a libgrass-dev
>   package if possible. Thus it only needs a few files for building
>   gdalgrass and not the full grass modules but only the libraries to
>   connect to a grass database.

Please do your testing with the grass 5.7 package at:
http://bullhorn.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/

This has many improvements over the 5.7.0 tarball from the grass home
page. It also provides libgrass5.7 and libgrass5.7-dev packages. The
debian files from the above package are in alioth's cvs trunk[5] if you
want to patch them.

[5] http://bullhorn.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/