[Pkg-grass-general] Neteler points finger at Debian for delays

While waiting for GRASS 5.7 on Debian sid, and noting that current
GRASS lost even its man pages, I read

From: Markus Neteler <neteler@itc.it>
Subject: Re: [GRASSLIST:4925] Re: adding mile markers to curvy roads

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 07:30:47AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> A grass upgrade can't be as simple as just a 6MB download, else the
> pros would have long ago put it in Debian.

Concerning Debian: It depends also on the *interest* of
the Debian maintainers to get it in. And this interest
was pretty low over the last years.

Currently they are still fixing bugs in a totally outdated
5.0 version. Most/all/even more of these bugs are fixed
in 5.3/5.4. The Debian maintainers have been notified regularly.

But everybody has the liberty to choose how to waste his/her
time.

Please complain to them. From our side things are done (at
least up to 5.4).