Re: [Pkg-grass-general] importing grass 5.7 files into alioth cvs

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 05:14, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 10:21:00PM -0500, Steve Halasz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like the import into Alioth CVS the debian directory of the grass57
> > package I've been working on. Does this look right?
> >
> > cvs import pkg-grass/debian-5.7 pkg-grass start
> >
> > Should I create a branch of the current debian dir instead?
> >

> This way you will create a completely different module. That's a good
> choice if we all think to manage grass, grass53 and grass57 as different
> packages. Branching is also another option if you find that 5.7 debian
> dir does not require great changes. I like personally branching,
> but of course CVS has a few problem with branch managing, svn is far
> more advanced in that.

Ok, seems like branching is the way to go. I plan to create a 5.0.x
branch from current cvs head (cvs tag -b branch-5_0_x). Then commit
changes for 5.7 into cvs head. Here is an attempt at some ascii art:

                 .--------- possible branch-5_3_x
branch-5_0_x     |

grass-5_0_3-4        cvs head - 5.7 development happens here

Sound OK?

Thanks,
Steve