Re: [Pkg-grass-general] importing grass 5.7 files into alioth cvs

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 10:21:00PM -0500, Steve Halasz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like the import into Alioth CVS the debian directory of the grass57
> package I've been working on. Does this look right?
>
> cvs import pkg-grass/debian-5.7 pkg-grass start
>
> Should I create a branch of the current debian dir instead?

This way you will create a completely different module. That's a good
choice if we all think to manage grass, grass53 and grass57 as different
packages. Branching is also another option if you find that 5.7 debian
dir does not require great changes. I like personally branching,
but of course CVS has a few problem with branch managing, svn is far
more advanced in that.