Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Re: DebianGis: Packaging postgis/geos
> First release of postgis package is ready to be evaluated.
> You can find it in ftp://daisyred.it/debian/postgis (this is not a
> apt-getable repository)
> Package is lintian clean, but I need feedback because I'm quite new to
> "the best practices of packaging".
Some comments about the package:
- the package must build automatically. This means: either postgis can
be compiled using the include files and libs provided by postgresql-dev.
Or you need to create an combined package of both postgresql and
postgis sources. You might use dbs for this purpose (the build system
also used by postgresql).
- libgeos-dev and proj are missing in the build deps. You might want to
use pbuilder to check for complete build dependencies.
- you ship empty /usr/lib/postgres/lib and /usr/lib/postgres/bin/
directories. You should remove them from debian/dirs.
- debian/copyright should include the actual copyright. This seems to be
the following line:
Copyright 2001-2003 Refractions Research Inc.
- it would be nice to have doc/html/postgis.html and the examples in the
Besides this, it looks Ok so far.