Re: libreoffice C++ Unit tests failing since gcc 9.2.1-12 ((Failure instantiating exceptionprotector)

Dear all,

The visible progress on this bug report stopped several days ago. I'd
like to try an get it a bit further. I'm expecting frustration on all
sides, but let's try to work together to fix the current situation. In
case you aren't aware, the fact that gcc-9 hasn't migrated to testing in
the last couple of weeks is starting to impact quite some uploads and
transitions (search for "gcc-9 (not considered)" in
https://release.debian.org/britney/update_excuses.html)

Rene, I really appreciate the fact that libreoffice has an extensive
test suite. But just to get options on the table can you please tell us
how severe this particular failure is? In other words, how much is this
telling you about libreoffice? I think the failure is "just" that you
can't compile a test that used to be able to compile. And you suspect
that the libreoffice test may not be the only code that breaks.

Matthias, did you have time to look into the issue? Have you discovered
anything that is worth knowing already? If not, do you intent to work on
this soon. I noticed you uploaded a new version that doesn't address
this RC bug, for the reason I mentioned above, could you please refrain
from uploading new versions unless critical issues that aren't present
in testing are fixed in those uploads until a version of gcc-9 migrates?

Paul