Re: Issues with trying to build Debian x32 gcc with multilib support

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> wrote:
> So there should be always a way to build and install a gcc-multilib without any
> non-default arch packages. So if you want to work on this, then please make the
> dependencies look like 'lib32gcc1 | libgcc1:i386' and make sure that the 32 and
> 64 bit packages are built on x32 too.

I'm not sure I'd want to add all the complexity of an alternatives
system or something similar, which would be needed to make sure the
symlinks in /usr/lib/gcc always point to an appropriate library no
matter which package is installed.  So I guess I'll just start working
on adding libc6-x32 and libx32gcc1 packages to the existing structure.
--
Daniel Schepler