Re: Issues with trying to build Debian x32 gcc with multilib support

OK, I've gotten it working now.  The issue was that I hadn't added x32
to biarch64 or biarch32, so biarch_multidir_names was never being set.
 (I also added x32 to the multilib dirs that get filtered in
ml-config.diff, since that's what pointed me to the problem.)

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> wrote:
> On 17.08.2012 18:12, Daniel Schepler wrote:
>> On a side note, instead of adding libx32gcc1 etc.,
>
> I don't like the idea of having to cros-build-depend on other architectures, so
> as a first step, I'd like to see these packages built.

Neither do I -- but I also don't like the idea of [e]glibc having to
keep cross-building libraries purely for the use of gcc builds.  And
IMO all other Debian package uses of gcc-multilib and libc6-dev-*
should go away during the next release cycle in favor of multiarch (at
least I can't think of anything else where it's justified).  But
again, discussion on these issues can wait until the upcoming release
is out.

> do your patches work to build a triarch compiler on amd64/i386?

Not yet, now that multilib is actually building I can start working on
the actual packaging changes.
--
Daniel Schepler