Re: Why must libstdc++-dev depend on gcc?

2007/9/20, Phil Endecott <phil_efaej_endecott@chezphil.org>:
> Yes.  g++ (cross compiler) is installed on my PC.  The PC mounts the
> NSLU2's filesystem using NFS.  I want to install libstdc++ on the NSLU2
> so that the cross compiler on the PC can use it.  I do not plan to use
> the native g++ on the NSLU2.

This is not the right way to do this, you must get the binary .deb for
arm on your PC first (you can use apt-file or go get it on
packages.d.o).

Then, use dpkg-cross:

dpkg-cross -a arm -b libstdc++*-dev-*_arm.deb

You'll get an arch indep package, just install it on your PC and
you'll get libstdc++ headers in /usr/arm-linux-gnu, your
cross-compiler should be able to find them.

Arthur.