Re: Why must libstdc++-dev depend on gcc?

Arthur Loiret wrote:
I haven't built anything.  I've just tried to "apt-get install
libstdc++6-4.1-dev" on my NSLU2, and it tells me that I must also
install g++.

Are you telling me you are going to try to use libstdc++-dev without g++? :-)

Yes. g++ (cross compiler) is installed on my PC. The PC mounts the NSLU2's filesystem using NFS. I want to install libstdc++ on the NSLU2 so that the cross compiler on the PC can use it. I do not plan to use the native g++ on the NSLU2.

Phil.