Re: GCC 3.2 standard?

Nathanael Nerode writes:
> Just curious, what exactly still needs to be done before gcc 3.2 can
> become the standard system compiler for sid?

we need to make g++-3.2 the standard C++ compiler at the same time, or
else we get problems linking binaries with g++, where some C modules
are built with gcc-3.2. We are currently working on a transition plan.

> Maybe I can do some of it?...

there is one outstanding problem on the sparc architecture, see
http://bugs.debian.org/169497

Feedback and/or further analysis on open reports, which are not yet
forwarded is always appreciated ;-) See

	http://bugs.debian.org/src:gcc-3.2
	http://bugs.debian.org/src:gcc-defaults