Re: gcc 3.2.1, debian and TLS ( __thread keyword ) support

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 12:58:32PM -0500, Phil Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 05:46:28PM +0000, Loic Jaquemet wrote:
> > I search a bit in the gcc CVS, and found that gcc's CVS was patched
> > around May 2002
> > (
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/c-common.h?rev=1.137&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
> > ) to support(parse at least) this option ?
> > I don't find it in debian's gcc 3.2.1ds6 sources .. ( that's should be
> > why it doesn't work ;) )
> > Am i mistaken ? Is it a bug or a packaging choice or a different branch
> > ?
>
> A different branch.  TLS support was added to GCC's main development branch.
> The 3.2 branch didn't get it, because the release branches must stay stable,
> and changes like TLS tend to be destabilizing.
>
> You can try tracking the gcc-snapshot package, since you're using unstable.

... - but we may want to consider examining the rhl8 CVS branch for
patches; it would be nice to support this in our 3.2 packages if it's
relatively painless, and I think it is.  Large, but painless, since RH
did the work already.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz