Re: GCC 3.2 standard?

Matthias Klose wrote:
>we need to make g++-3.2 the standard C++ compiler at the same time, or
>else we get problems linking binaries with g++, where some C modules
>are built with gcc-3.2. We are currently working on a transition plan.

Hmm.  Care to share what that transition plan looks like so far?

The brute force transition plan is "Mass rebuild of everything depending
on libstdc++ or build-depending on g++, force all into sid at once; mass
rebuild of everything depending on libstdc++ in testing, get permission
to force it all directly into testing".  (The point being that if
g++ gets into testing before the things which depend on it those things
are screwed.)

Maybe y'all have a cleverer plan?

--Nathanael