Re: gcc-3.0 snapshot...

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 01:10:30PM -0500, Gordon Sadler wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 12:43:16PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > For the first time I was able to compile the gcc-3.0 CVS and build glibc
> > 2.2.3pre1 with it on sparc-linux. Even more so, there were no errors
> > from the glibc make check, and the library installed without any
> > problems.
> >
> > I noticed that right now, libc.so.6 does not link with libgcc.so, which
> > is a good thing.
> >
> > What I want to do is upload the current snapshot I have (since I know it
> > to be working) into unstable. Hppa and ia64 require gcc-3.0, and I want
> > to also get started on a libc6-64 for ultrasparc.
> >
> > Any objections, comments or other patches anyone wants to include?
> >
> As a daily user/upgrader on unstable, I enjoy being a guinea pig -), I
> would hope that you get feedback from the gcc maintainer(M. Klose?) at a
> minimum, before uploading gcc-3.0 to unstable.

Matthias has already turned over gcc-3.0 maintainence to a group of
about 9 of us, all on this list, which is why I posted here (which
includes Matthias). Matthias remains maintainer of gcc-2.95, solely.

> I've been tracking/bootstrapping gcc-3.0 for a couple months now, it
> would be very beneficial for you to mention the date of your snapshot?
> Gordon Sadler

gcc-3.0 has been project/experimental for quite some time. The current
snapshot I am working from and uploading is as of April 2nd, 2001.

Ben