Re: Need help about packaging

Hi there,

Am 2020-08-22 13:54, schrieb Widianto Nur F:
1. Which one should I add to debian/install?
because this fonts has TTF, OTF, and WOFF/2.

as you have experienced, there is no "golden rule" as to what font files to instal into a Debian package. However, upstream often has an educated opinion which font format fits best for which operating system or font rendering stack. It won't hurt to ask them for an advise.

2. This font also has variable font [3], should I add to debian/install too?

I don't know hor far support for such font formats has come, so I wouldn't install it for the first revision.

I have seen some fonts-team repositories at salsa  but
most people added either only the TTF, only the OTF, or even
only both WOFF and TFF in their repository and it confuses me.

Generally, I'd prefer OTF, because it is supposed to be the "more advanced" font format. However, as stated above, upstream sometimes has different views and we should follow suite with them. Regarding the web font formats, they do not consume much space are are usually installed into the same package, but into a directory outside of fontconfig's reach, i.e. /usr/share/<package-name>/{woff,woff2}.

 - Fabian