Re: [fonts-ibm-plex] switching from OTF to TTF

Dave Crossland wrote:
> I also am curious if it's possible to have both versions packaged; perhaps
> that needs separate and conflicting packages...

>From a packaging POV this is well possible, and we already have a mess
like this in fonts-freefont-{otf,ttf}.

But, how is the average user supposed to decide which one variant of the
font is the right one, given the lengthy discussions and waterfall
comparisons in the github trackers even among people with more educated
fonts backgrounds.

 - Fabian