Re: [fonts-ibm-plex] switching from OTF to TTF

Dave Crossland wrote on 24/01/2019:
> Does Debian default settings on freetype/fontconfig now render ttf
> hinting when available?
>
> If not, this may not make much difference in practice for most users

By default it does, with the "slight" hinting setting.

> I also am curious if it's possible to have both versions packaged;
> perhaps that needs separate and conflicting packages...

Packaging only one version (and consolidating the OTF fonts and the
WOFF/WOFF2 fonts in a single package) was a deliberate choice: having
multiple packages makes things more difficult to both the maintainer and
the users, with very little advantages in most cases...

Paride