Re: Added RFN-violation bug template to wiki

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 7:41 AM, Nathan Willis wrote:

> I have just added a new bug template to the wiki:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Fonts/Bugs/rfn-violation

Thanks!

> I've added this template because I believe that, practically speaking, RFN
> violations constitute too distinct of an incident type to be covered by the
> license-violation usertag.

Technically, they are still a license violation, so I would suggest
using both tags when filing RFN bugs.

> I would appreciate it if others would take a look at the template and offer
> (or make) corrections. When it is in good shape, I'll be happy to add it to
> the Fonts page #Bugs section.

I have made a few changes: https, use the new list, reference
debian/copyright directly, add license-violation tag.

I think it is ready to add to the bugs section.

I wonder if we should also add a sentence suggesting to ask upstream
to remove the RFN. It could also provide upstreams with the less
desired alternative of softening the RFN it to allow building from
unmodified source and encourage upstream to provide a deterministic
automated build process.

https://reproducible-builds.org/

--
bye,